Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Scrapbooking: it is Biblical!

Hello,

You might be wondering where I got this idea. The thing is that I always loved art work and that was why I started scrapbooking.

With time, I have realized how much potential there is in this hobby:
1) it is a beautiful art work
2) you can save inportant data
3) you can save moments and memories

Then it came to me!! Reading the Bible this morning, I was in Joshua, chapter 4. The story goes with Joshua as he decides to put 12 stones as a reminder for future generations of what God did among the Israelites. I am sure if they had a camera at the time, he would have taken a picture!!

We all have been through mountain top or valley experiences in our life's journey. These experiences, with God's help, can be markers that makes us better persons and hopefully better followers of Christ. I am not sure where you are, my reader, but with Christ, both good and bad experiences, can bring growth and a positive outcome.

Those markers can be expressed in your scrapbook so your future generation can praise God for His wonders and miracles! God spoke to me this morning through these verses in the Bible:

Joshua 4:6: "... when your children ask ... tell them ..."

Joshua 4:21: " ... in your future when your descendents ask ... tell them ... "

Joshua 4: 24: "He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know what the hand of the Lord is powerfull and so that you might always fear the Lord your God."

What a great resource we have nowadays through Scrapbooking. We can leave records of all the works of the Lord in our lives and "they will know that the hand of the Lord is powerfull and will fear the Lord your God".

God bless!

No comments: